Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Kong Hei Fat CHoi, Happy Chinese New Years!!!

Hello people of America! (and other places)

Haha I am SO very happy, I love being a missionary. This week was very busy, and great, and so fast.

I ate pig this week, like in the movies, a full pig on the table that you pick at with your fingers. The weather is so weird right now. People always say, "Utah  weather", but Id like to say "Philippines weather", sobrang magulo. It rains like crazy, is very hot, and then beautifully clear at night all in the same day. Everything is getting so much more green now. I eat a lot of fruit here, and make fresh smoothies from them as well, its amazing. 

We taught a new family and the kids are my favorite. They have told my companion to stop talking before becasue they want to hear me haha. They ask me nonstop questions after the lessons about where I live and the animals there, so if you have any animals that you can think of that we have, send them to me. There are no sheep here, and they told me their new favorite animals are sheep. They are the Calollot family and have come to church for both of the 2 weeks that we have been teaching their family, and are very open.

This week I have been praying very specifically for specific things and I know that Heavenly Father answers more specifically answers. We didnt know how to help a couple of our families progress, and we focused on making things less new for them. When we did this we had 3 new families come to church that have been investigating for awhile but wouldnt come. It was so rewarding to see them there and another step in their progression.

Kong Hei Fat CHoi, Happy Chinese New Years!!! We are celebrating it today and ate Tikoy to celebrate. I get cold now if there is AC at all, I never thought Id say I was cold here, but I am now. 

This week I really was very thankful for mothers and being prepared for being a mother. WHen I was deciding to decide to go on a mission or not my Jr year in high school, I decided to think about where I wanted to go in life, and of course a many of you know my #1, if not only, goal is to be a mother and have a family. I wrote a list of how being a missinary would bless me as a mother and how going to school would help me become a mother, and came up with going on a mission. I later received many times confirmation that my choice was right for me. I didnt realize how true what I wrote was. I know and evrything here points to being a mother. I do things for other people all day, they often dont understand that I am trying to help and what I am sacrificing, but it doesnt feel like a sacrifice to me because I love them. I am very thankful for this opportunity to become a better person and serve the Lord. I also have an overwhelming testimony of Motherhood. Thank you to the mothers and parents, who raise their children in righteousness. I know parenthood is of God, and is truly sacred. I would invite mothers to read "Behold Thy Mother" by Holland.

Another thing I have been doing is reading a conference talk a day. It is amazing the revelation I get from this, as well as the scriptures. Please read a conference talk once a week. We know God gives us prophets, so we should use them!

  I know I say this evry week, but I love it here. In relief society this week, I was thinking about how I cant ever leave this place, its my home. I felt a sisterhood in relief society so strong here. I truly am starting to feel a part of these people. Also, speaking full english is getting harder and sometimes its hard to write in it as well. 

My challenges for you this week...
Book of Mormon reading everyday, even if its just a verse
Read a conference talk once
AND BE HAPPY! Even when things get hard, its makes everything easier if you find one tiny thing to be happy about. Most of the time for me this comes through serving someone else.

I love you and sorry for the random really letter haha!
Sister Ashlyn Goodwin
 
Sister Matulac made my favorite filipino food (filipino spaghetti) and she had us sing my favorite hymn in tagalog, she is very sweet and thoughtful. We are BFFs.
 
I made “micky mouse” pancakes for our house. They had never had pancakes.
 
Oh, nothing much, just the view at the end of one street!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment